It's here! The big day all football fanatics live for. While my team (Go Pack!) isn't there this year. I can't help but choose a team and root them to victory. It has been hard for me to pick the one team to root for in this game. I like the Steelers, I would love to see "The Bus" get his ring before he retires. I love to watch Cowher coach on the sidelines. I admire Roethlisberger's and Polamahu's (sp) intensity of play. But on the other hand, I also have a soft spot for the Seahawks and Mike Holgrem. Mike did take the Packers to a few Super Bowls after all. Shawn Alexander is an excellent example of what a professional athlete should be to young people all around the USA. My son had the privledge of meeting Shawn at an FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) Football camp when Shawn still played for Alabama. Kevin has deep respect for Shawn.
So today will be a good day for me, no matter who wins. I only hope for a good game, a challenging one for both teams, where each plays to the best of their abilities. I hope no one gets hurt, but I also like the good hits. I hope the refs let the boys play, that they make good necessary calls, and not fill the game with BS.
My last hope is that they are all good sports. So many young people watching will emulate the play they see on the field today. Let's hope the athletes give them something to be proud of.
Enough wondering, onto hype and gametime!
:J







