One of the things we got accomplished this past weekend was the installation (FINALLY!!) of our replacement door handle. I won't say how long we've been without a door handle. I know it was before Christmas...
When the door handle was first broke, we looked for a replacement. Everything we looked at didn't seem to quite fit. I found it hard to believe that we couldn't find a handle. Our door is made by a major manufacturer of doors, a reputable company, nationally known. We looked everywhere!!
When I was in Tampa over New Years, we happened to be in Lowe's and I thought I'd give it a look. I found a handle that I thought was very similiar, that I thought would work. Of course, I didn't buy it. But I was armed for the discussion we'd have here at the house. I would take Rick to Lowe's and show him the one I'd found.
When I got home, Rick and I went to our Lowes'. Of course, I couldn't find that exact handle, the store here was not set up like the one in Tampa. But it got him in the store again, and looking around. We went back by the doors similiar to ours. Someone asked if they could help.......Well, me, not afraid to speak up, said, "we're looking for a door handle to fit our ____ storm door. "Well! I can help you with that!" He said. He said all we needed was the model number, that he probably had a door or door handle in back that he could pull a handle off of. If not, all we had to do was contact the door company with the model number, and they would help us. WHAT?? Help??? He even gave us a card with HIS name on it...
Off we go to the house, we open the door, and sure enough, right on the inside of the jamb is the model number. Hmmm, thought I said that once, but what do I know? Long story short, the store didn't have a handle to fit, but when we contacted the company, they did!
I won't tell you what we were using as a handle, but it would qualify us for "you might be a redneck if.." But now we're good to go! I introduce to you our new front door handle!
Come visit! The door's open!








