This cooler, okay who am I fooling?, FRIGID, weather has me thinking soup. Anything to keep us warm and toasty, and preferably low cal, okay, lower cal than normal. So maybe I should open a soup kitchen.
Sunday, I made veggie soup. I make veggie soup by browning up some stew beef, only I cut mine in smaller chunks. Then I cheat and add veggie stock, the kind that comes in a box. Add onion, and celery. Then I open the freezer and grab whatever veggies are in there. But this time, since I didn't have any veggies in the freezer, I bought a bag of mixed veggies, a bag of "winter" veggies,and baby limas. So I had peas, corn, carrots, potatoes, squash, broccoli, corn and I'm sure a few others I forgot. Into the pot they went. It still needed something so I added two cans of tomatoes. Still not what I wanted so I found two cans of white corn, added them, then a big can of green beans, and then tomato paste. I was running out of things, but now that I think of it, I should have added some Worcestershire sauce. I always like that. So now we are on day three of the "soup". And there's still enough for three more days!
So tonite, because I know it's going to get even colder the next couple of nights, I boiled a chicken to maybe make dumplins AND I browned hamburger, onion and garlic, to make chili maybe? Spaghetti? Oh that sounds good too!
So then I watched Biggest Loser, and felt guilty thinking about so much food.
Wanna come help me eat some???







