Sunday, January 31, 2010

Good Days and Belly Laughs

Started out Friday night after a long week of work, the weekend was here and I was ready to enjoy it. I had four things on my agenda. Scrapping, Cleaning, Shopping and Relaxing. It's only Sunday noon and I've accomplished all three.
Friday night was a small, local crop at my friend Nathalie's house. There were 13 of us invited, but due to a thunderboomer, only 8 of us showed up. Yes, it was sprinkling when we unloaded but it was fine. I was so proud of myself as I only brought 4 isis containers, my scrapbag and a satchel with tools. It rained and stormed outside but we had a great time! I worked on my birthday swap cards and got them all done but the stickles. I got to see my friends Kelly & Karen and my BFF, Sharon. We had so much fun and Karen was scrapping her NYC trip, so now I really, really want to go there. We had a great dinner and lots of laughs. Kelly has such great hospital tales to tell and girl scout tales to tell. She kept us rolling all night.
Saturday I slept in a bit, but then headed out for the Cheese Farm and Gigi's. I think the Cheese Farm has been here almost as long as we have lived here, but I've never gone. I've always wanted to go, but never have. It's only open on Friday & Saturdays, and I always seem to be going by there at the wrong time of day. So I made it a mission.
It's a very quaint place with fields surrounding the little farmhouse and factory. All 14 cows are grazing right there so you can see them. They make all the milk for the cheese. When we got there, the two cars in front of the little store had Wisconsin plates on them. Now that alone should tell you it's got to be good cheese!
Sharon and I went inside and there were four people in the store that is no bigger than my kitchen. The little old man and his wife were handing out samples of cheese to them from behind the counter. We waited our turn and looked at all the other jars of delicacies they had to offer. Yummy stuff, including homemade bread!!!
Finally it was our turn and we sampled all the cheeses we wanted. I had already tasted their Fenugreek cheese and knew I wanted that. It has a creamy, nutty taste that is so yummy. I also got the Elberta cheese which is another creamy yellow cheese. Not sure what the flavor is. The man did tell me that the Fenugreek was made with hickory nut. I bought Patrick the habenero cheese after sampling it. I doubt I'll eat any of that, it was so good going down, but my right tonsil burned for about 5 minutes after eating it.
Our trip to Gigi's was fun and we both found stuff there to buy. Imagine that! I got some papers to do a school book using my granny's school pictures, my mom's school pictures, and some school pictures of me, my brother and sister. It's made by October Afternoon. She's never carried October Afternoon papers before, so I was glad to see her do that! She's also carrying Tim's stuff now, but Linda and GA have me covered there.
One the way home, we stopped for lunch at my favorite pizza place in Alabama, Chubby's!. It's a whole in the wall place where they make all their pizzas fresh to order. Sharon had never been and she agreed, it was worth the drive! The drive isn't all that far since it's just over the bridge and a block up. Just as long as it takes for us to drive to any other pizza place in Florida. I even brought some home for Rick and he was happy! Of course I didn't take my camera, I'd taken it out of my purse to charge. I guess that means I just have to go back!
On the way home, Sharon and I got to laughing so hard I thought I was going to have to pull over. We were talking about the first time I'd ever seen Sharon lose her temper and how our friendship turned a corner that day. Looking back now it is funny. She wasn't mad at me at all, it was someone else. But she'd let out a good tantrum that I didn't know she was capable of throwing and it amazed me. LOL!
Got home and Sharon went home too. I spent the rest of the day cleaning, purging and scrapping. Just what I'm going to do now. Have a great day!