Every weekend we, hubby and me, go to the Navy base. It's become a ritual I guess, and I guess that means we're getting old. Old people like their routines I hear, and they don't like their routines to change. Okay, so it's midweek and it's been routine, I'm ready for a change.
During our routine trip to the base, we almost always check out the exchange. To you non military people, it's like our Target. A bit of everything, tho usually higher end name brands, at what you outsiders consider ridiculously lower prices. Really the prices aren't that low, unless you are a mall shopper. Then the prices are lower. But it's nice to look and it's nice to shop, and since the government is continually taking away our retiree benefits, I'm going to use mine to the max til they do!
I love going to the electronics store too. Truly that is where the bargains are to be had. I walk in there and dream of a new laptop, big screen tv, or a new camera. Then I walk back in the appliances and dream of a new washer and dryer......... you get my drift. So this week we walk in the electronics store and as I'm drooling over the digital SLRs, hubby pulls me over to the Wii games. He's finally found the Biggest Loser Wii game. We HAVE to have it, so it goes home with us.
I am a fan of BL. I think Bob & Jillian could work me skinny in a few months without a doubt in my mind. I just didn't think buying a new Wii game during the Olympics, American Idol week, plus all my other shows, was the BEST idea we've had. Can you tell I'm really a couch potato?
We started the BL Sunday night. It was interesting.. I even liked it. I broke a sweat, a big sweat. I actually felt like I'd done something when I was done. Okay, I like it. I even look forward to it. Combined with Lent (no fried food, fast food alcohol or chocolate) I've lost 4 pounds.
When I started, I was sore, wiped and hating it. The workouts have gotten easier, but are still challenging. It doesn't hurt anymore like it did the first two days. I have a bit more energy, focus and I'm sure sleeping better at night. So we'll see where this goes.
Other than that, it's been quiet at the homestead. Monday is Rick's hearing test. His mom's hip replacement surgery went well, she's been up and walking, but they are talking Sunday before she can come home. I'm excited about registering for my Inspired mini classes in May on Monday. I'm even more excited to get out of Dodge next week to see Teri and the girls for Taylor Swift in concert and a few other surprises. Do you think Jillian and Bob will miss me?







