Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yes, I know, I haven't blogged.

So I understand if you're no longer reading my blog. But that's okay. It's my blog, for me and my thoughts such as they are. Someday when I'm senile, I'll get a nurse to turn on the computer and bring up the old blog. That way I can read about things I did, back when I still had my one brain cell.
So what have I been doing? What's going on with my life?
We had Mardi Gras here on the Gulf Coast. Patrick donned a tux for the Big Ball downtown. I've always wanted to go, but fat chance. I dance more with my husband than I have in the 23 years since I married him. They don't polka much down south....
But Patrick looked handsome, let me see if I can find a picture..


He's so handsome! but I'm a biased momma! Cleans up pretty good. That's his current girlfriend, Amber with him. They went to the Ball with her parents & grandparents. Amber and Patrick dated of and on all through high school. So I guess they are on again..
ETA: I don't know why the picture is so small. I can't get it to post large. but you get the idea!

I went to Winter Retreat with the Hilltop girls. Susie brought some of her friends. I didn't get to talk with them much, Susie was sitting between us. But they seemed like nice ladies. I had a great time as always with the girls. It was hard to pick classes, they were all so good this time. I let Susie's friend, Linda take my place in the cookbook class. I'll have to see if I have all the papers and stuff to make one. It was the coldest WR I remember. It got down in the 20's the last night. I stayed toasty warm thanks to my blankets and the hand warmers that Roz & Kelcey brought. It is amazing the heat those little boogers put out in a bed. I had serious back cramps all weekend. Thanks to Kelly's magic hands, she massaged a few kinks out. I should bring her home with me! Had a nice long walk in the woods with Michele, who looks fantastic with her weight loss. She's inspired me!!! I know that hike is alot more pleasant in February than it was the last time I walked it in August heat with the cub scouts many years ago!

Not much going on since I got home. Work, Work, Work, it is what it is. We've been watching the Olympics alot. When we aren't watching that, we've got the Wii cranked up. Wii fit is going to miss me, because as of today Jillian and Bob are in the house! Love our Biggest Loser for Wii! It was really kicking my butt tonite! But that's okay, it's what I need!

Funny story, we usually go commissary shopping on Sunday morning. We always see the same people when we shop, creatures of habit I guess. We always see our friends Sue & Greg, usually about halfway through the store. Well, today Rick said, "let's go to the commissary today" So off we go. We went in the exchange (PX) first, and who do we run into? Sue & Greg! We chatted for a bit then they headed to the commissary. We all laughed about it. We saw them in the commissary too. We got a great deal on our favorite hard sausage. We love Old Wisconsin Sausage. The commissary has been carrying it since right before Christmas and on each package was a coupon for $3 off your next purchase. Well today they had all the sausages marked down to $2.50. At first the checker was confused because the coupon was worth more than the price of the sausage. She said she'd have to check with her manager. I thought Oh great, she's only going to give us $2.50 off and I'm going to have to be a bitch. But, she came back and said, I guess we're paying you to eat this sausage today. Wooo HOOOOO!!! We had two coupons, so we got $1.00 for buying sausage. Which makes up for the high priced organic eggs I bought. LOL!
So that's life in a nutshell. I'm home for a few weeks til I head to Teri's in Tampa to see Taylor Swift in concert and a few other surprises!!! I can't wait!!!