The roosters started crowing at 4:45 am. Literally. Key West is famous for it's wandering fowl. Our resident rooster started under my window at the crack of dawn and then I listened as he wandered the neighborhood. Funny how I learned his crow already by the second morning.
My bladder told me it was time to make a trip down the hall to the Men's/Women's bathroom. I fumble my way around with clouded eyes (must have been too much peach wine) in the semi darkness to the door. I open and peer out. Good! Coast is clear I can make it in my jammies, as I seem to be the only one up. I get three steps down the hall and out of the darkness at the other end of the hall I see a figure. OH NO! Not again! The male figure speaks and I recognize the voice. "Are you going to use this facility?" as he points to the restroom side of the hall.
"No," I sigh, "You can have it."
I go back into my room, convince the bladder to wait awhile, and wonder if this is a strange sign from God about the rest of the trip.
Wondering,
:J







