There is an old saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. If so, I'm on the superhighway. I fully intended to accomplish two things yesterday. One was to check out the new scrapbooking store here in Pensacola, and I did. The other was to clean my room and closet out. Since I bought new clothes last week, I've had a closet explosion in my room. I have got to get some things out of there, so I can put some things in there. Yes, I'm about to purge.
The trip to the scrap store was nice. She had LOTS of nice things, but no new things. Everything was last year's or before old. Which is okay, it's still usuable and in good shape. She had great prices on most of her stuff too. But I didn't buy much, as (ahem) I already have it. But it's still a nice little store. I'll go back.
It was a nice two hour outing with my friend Sharon. We both needed some out away from family time. We also visited Scraphappy. She's getting ready for a fantastic ScrapPink event next week. I can't go, we have too much to do before we go out of town. But from the looks of it, it's going to be a great time! I did find a bunch more stuff there I had to have. She got the cutest Halloween stamps in from Clearly Arts and Making Memories. Of course I bought them both!
I came home with full intention of starting that closest. But then #1 son called and said he was stopping by. He has his truck project almost finished. They got the engine and transmission hooked together yesterday. I'm sure there was more too it than that, but all I know is it's all in the truck.
We got to talking about phones and such and how everyone thinks I need a new one. They ganged up on me, those two boys and convinced me since our carrier was having a huge sale. I needed to go. So we went. 15 minutes after I walked in, I was buying a new phone. I don't think I had to say 10 words to the salesgirl. The guys did all the talking. We ended up getting Patrick a new phone too. (yes, I think it was a planned plot) But it was free and with all the rebates etc., we ended up with 2 blackberry storms with cases and protective screens for less than $100. Now that was $100 I really didn't want to spend right now. But I think it's a good thing. So here's the new toy.
What do you think? Yes, all Touchscreen, but I think I like it. Of course, it has a learning curve and I feel so old and stupid. I spent all afternoon playing with it. It felt like Christmas with both of us playing with our new toys. Patrick has moved me into favorite parent status again. Since he reaped the benefit of the freebie phone. The only thing I did pick out was the green cover. I think I'm going to look for a Packer sticker for it too.
I wonder if it can make calls from Hell?








