Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's Fair Time!!!!

The Fair opened today. I love the fair. I didn't use to love the fair, but I do now. I always thought our fair was tooo big. I missed my little country fair, but I've adjusted.
I love to walk the midway, smell the smells, watch the people, feel the electricity in the air. I see people I haven't seen since last fair, it's good to see them. I see people who I think I know, and who I can tell think they know me. Isn't that a funny look?
The smells are enticing, but I'm not a fair food trier. I ventured out of my box last year for a philly cheese sandwich. It was yummy. So I may try something out of the box this year too. But everything smells soooo goood. I can just stand there and close my eyes and try to figure out what I'm smelling. Yummmm!
I couldn't find Kettle Corn. It wasn't in it's usual space. That's what I wanted tonite. I couldn't find it. Could smell it tho.
I don't ride the rides. Heck, my life right now is roller coaster enough for me. Hormones (or lack thereof) are hell. Talk about a ride. I never know when it's rollin', but I know I want off! Let me just walk around and look at the animals. I'm not only talking about the ones in the barns.
The fun part of the fair is watching the freak parade. Where are these people all year long? Do they only come out during the fair??? They aren't even the carnies. They are the fair attendees. Where are their parents?? LOL!
I've met nice people there too. I'll have to blog about them tomorrow. Meantime, if you know how to stop the roller coaster let me know.