The Lodge we're staying in is quaint. It's one of those old mom & pop places that have passed down through the years from family to family. It's remained pretty much the same and has endearing little nuances that make you love it none the less. I think we have the best view by far, only obstructed by a few trees.
Rick and I enjoyed the rainy, chilly day hanging in our room. We both brought books to read and we stayed updated by everyone's progress here by text message. It was the best of the old and new worlds. Once everyone arrived, we decided to find a small tavern to pass the early evening in. The guys and kids played pool, the girls chatted, catching up on the gossip. The beer was cheap, conversation good. And they had the cutest little beers, 7 ounces! Yes, we drank lots of those.
After a few hours and lots of memories, we returned to the lodge for dinner. The Silvercryst is well known for it's broasted chicken, and steak sandwiches. Yummy chicken! I need to get out of here before I weigh 400 pounds!
One of the great things about little taverns that dot the Wisconsin frozen tundra, is the microbrewerys they have.
You just can't come to Wisconsin without drinking a Spotted Cow. New Glarus Brewery is one of those little brewerys that is growing in popularity. I saw their Spotted Cow on the menu and knew it would be perfect to go with my broasted chicken. Tonite, I think I'll try an Oktoberfest from Steven's Point Brewery.
It's going to be a great vacation!







