Tuesday, February 20, 2007

10 Things That Can Make Me Cranky

My Dear friend Kip has tagged me. She wants to know 10 things that if I can't have my way, will make me cranky. Okay, YOU asked.

1. I like my morning routine. Since the boys have grown I've adjusted to this little quiet "Me" time in the morning. I am a morning person, when it starts on my terms. I like to hear my radio go off to wake me up. I like to do my bathroom routine uninterupted, in my time. Disruption in my routine makes me cranky. Out of sorts all day.

When I questioned my husband on what he thought made me cranky, he gave me two answers.

2. When the boys had papers to write and if I proof read them, I would get real cranky if they didn't make the corrections. I do not claim to be the world's best english student. But it drives me nuts to see school papers written in "slang".

3. When I used to have "home parties", I used to get "cranky" if everything, the house, the dessert, the plates, tablecloth, etc wasn't perfect. After Martha Stewart got arrested, I saw where this behavior had me headed. So I've changed that one.

4. When I say I don't care where we eat when we eat out, I mean it. YOU pick! As long as it isn't lamb encrusted with coconut grits, I can eat it.

5. If I'm driving, I have to pick the music. Unless I'm driving your car.

6. One thing that makes me cranky at work is people who don't read, or don't follow the directions. 95% of my work is data driven. I need the paperwork filled out correctly in order for the data to be correct. It does matter! and while I am talking data, I have to say, I am amazed at the people who can't tell me the address & phone number of the place they work at. HUH???

7. Kids who talk ugly to their parents put me over the edge! I know mine have had their moments. But so often now I see kids who demand things AND get them. All the while calling their parents names and talking to them like they are poison. I quess what makes me crankier is the parents who bow to this kind of behavior. And if anyone ever catches my sons behaving this way PLEASE let me know. They have been raised to use their manners, Yes Ma'am and No Sir, Thank You very much!

8. When I am scrappin' and in my zone, I don't like anyone in my room. I don't mind crops, interaction is what they are about. I guess because my room is so small, I like my space and don't want to trip over you or continually ask you to move.

9. Once in awhile think outside the box. Hearing "because it's always been done that way" makes me cranky!

10. When I say I need to sleep, I mean it! Making me stay awake, makes me cranky!

With that said, it's time for bed. I tag Cindy, Michelle & Robin (ribin)

:J