Happy Fat Tuesday!!!!!!!
Today is the last day to indulge in all that sinful behavior before going into Lent tomorrow on Ash Wednesday. Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulez!
I can hardly wait for lunch today as we will have Gumbo, Red Beans & Rice and King Cake.
I have no big plans to indulge. Typically we have spent the past weekend parading, catching beads, and endulging. This year it was just too cold for my bones to be out there. But I have thought about what I will give up for Lent. Usually it is fast food, chocolate and soda. Since I rarely drink soda, and the only chocolate I really eat is dark chocolate, purely for it's medicinal attributes of course, I've decided to change my sacrifice this year.
I will continue my tradition of no fast food. That means anything that comes out of window does not go into my mouth for six weeks. I can still eat out but only in restaurants that do not have drive throughs. By Easter I can taste Mcdonald's fries just by smelling them.
I will still give up soda, not really a sacrifice for me, I am not a big soda drinker, but at one time I was. Lent helped me break that habit. This year I am going to try to break another bad food habit. High Fructose Corn Syrup. It's in everything that tastes good but is bad for you. Cookies, Soda, Yummy stuff. Even salad dressings. So I will be reading labels, trying to change my eating habits, again. If I can do it for six weeks, I can do it forever. But this my friends will not be my biggest sacrifice this Lent season. I've decided to take it to a new level, a huge sacrifice.
So this year, for six weeks, I am giving up buying Patterned Paper. That means until Easter I will NOT buy one single sheet of Patterned Paper. Not one kit with it. Not one. Not any of the new Basic Grey, no Crate Paper, no Daisy D's, NONE. None of the new CHA releases, none of my old favorites, NONE. I think this will be by far the hardest thing I have ever done for Lent. I will need lots of help. Perhaps that 12 step program my friend Jules asked for earlier this year. I'll need prayer, lots of it. I don't think I have gone a single week in 5 years without buying Patterned Paper. It's an addiction!
I wonder, do you think I can talk my dear hubby into a Hobby Lobby run tonite for one last stock up? I just don't think that 4 foot wall of paper I already have will be enough to get me through!
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulez!
:J







