I knew yesterday that today would be up in the air. My occasional bout with vertigo appeared yesterday, signaling that I must have an ear infection. So I knew that I wouldn't go to work. I would have to go to the Doctor AND the phamacy. I knew yesterday that today would be one of those "wasted days". Which is what I typically call any day I am sick. But even tho I have had vertigo most of the day, I decided to make the most of it and see what I could do to make this an "unwasted day".
This is what I accomplished.
1. Ever the responsible one, I called my friend, Jackie at work and talked her through some reports that had to be printed TODAY. Relatively easy, she is a smart woman.
2.I threw some chicken wings I didn't have room too cook for the game, into a pan with water, bay leaf and parsley to make some chicken stock. It will be heck to debone, but as they say, the nearer the bone, the sweeter the meat. It will make great chicken soup.
3. Spent an hour catching up on blog reading and message boards. I deleted all the old email that had accumalated in my inbox.
4. Talked with my sister, undistracted, as I usually call her when I am driving somewhere. She told me she is coming in Friday to spend the night before we take a class together on Saturday.
5. Painted the chipboard letters for a album I am working on. Then, made the pages etc that they will go on. Completed 2 pages.
6. Cut coupons for HL, Mike's & Jo's so they are ready at a moments notice.
7. Watched some daytime TV, learned I am not missing much.
8. Showered. I had to wait for DS3 to get home from class to do this. I told him if he heard a large thump it meant I fell, to close his eyes so he wouldn't see his naked momma, and come running to my rescue.
9. Patrick drove me to the Doctor at 3 p.m. Same old routine, we both have been through it before. Ear check, yep infection, left ear (as always) Meds, and this time an ENT referral.
10. Drop off prescriptions so Rick can pick them up on his way home.
11. Talk to in laws who still have subzero weather and frozen well pipes.
12. Cuddle with hubby
13. Scrapped 6 Valentine day cards
14. Check some other blogs, update mine.
So I guess it wasn't a totally wasted day. I will survive this, tomorrow is another day and this too shall pass.
till then.
:J







