It hasn't been a particularly exciting week that has kept me away. I've had time to check other people's blogs, answer email, and chat online. I just neglected the WesternGate. But I'm here now to update you on my adventures. Let's see.
Jack, the temporary cat is no longer temporary, he's gone. It's seems that Patrick had a falling out with Jack's custodial parent. Not sure what, but "used", "cheatin'" and "ho", were the discriptive words he used in telling us about why. So he returned Jack, saying something about letting Jack stay at the other boyfriend's house. Of course we told him we could still keep Jack, but he didn't want to. I told him not to let her take him to the pound, that we will keep him if that is the case. I'll miss Jack, he was a sweet kitty, but I won't miss his wild runs through the house, or his favorite nappin' place, my dining room table. Boots & Dakota are both resting easier also.
So in telling us the Jack story, Patrick also mentioned that the big breakup had happened a few weeks prior, but that he didn't want to tell us. He was okay with the break up and had, as a matter of fact, moved on. Or back however you look at it. He and an old GF started talking again, and will see each other when she comes home from UCF next weekend. He even accepted a "family date" with us, DS2 & his girl, for lunch on the beach next weekend. I really like the UCF girl, she makes Patrick smile alot when she is around. Just an all around nice girl. Which brings me back to the other one. I guess I gave her the kiss of death on Valentine's day. I bought her a present. Nothing big, just a statue that she collects. I told DH that if the two of them were going to be together, I(We) may as well embrace it, and accept her and be nice. Not that she is truly bad, we just knew she wasn't the one for him. are we terrible for that? So anyway bought her the statue for Valentine's day and made her a card. But that was about the time they broke up so Patrick never took it to her. Who would have thought? I make up my mind to be really nice and I can't. Geez, why can't I ever get it right??
So on to life. Finished boxing up a year's worth of records at work. Student folders. 13 boxes. The type of boxes reams of paper come in. Not only boxed, but gone through one by one, all paperclips removed, and each one logged in by name and student number. Am I so glad that is done! Only two more years to box up and send downtown to be microfiched, and disposed of!
Friday, DH and I took off for Biloxi, MS for a seminar for his work. I gambled, he worked. It was a relaxful evening and half a day. He made alot of good contacts, saw alot of old friends and hopefully it will pan into some great business for him. The Casino we stayed at was gorgeous, recently remodeled after Katrina hit Biloxi. We didn't venture up or down the coast. I still am not ready to see the beautiful homes of Biloxi's Gulffront that are gone.
We did stop outside of Mobile, AL for scrap shopping at HL. Love that store in particular, so well organized! Then we stopped in Foley, AL at GiGi's Scrapbooking. Probably in my top 5 fav stores. Off course it's hard to scrap shop when you are on a paper buying hiatus. But I managed to pick up a Teresa Collins file book to alter at GiGi's and a monkey easter basket at HL.
My goal today was to clean up the spare bedroom for Kevin & Erica's visit next weekend. or as Patrick called it "The Prince's Arrival". It's not so much Kevin, as Erica I wanted to clean for. Men don't mind mess & dust, but we girls like it fresh and clean. So the bedroom is clean, things moved around, everything dusted and vaccummed. Come on home kids! Oh wait there is that bathroom that needs total Disinfection!!!! LOL!!
Okay and I also had time for fun! Scrap A Faire, sponsored by Scrapbooks Etc. It was an online, fantasmagorical event! I took two online Digital Scrapbooking classes. One by Rhonna Farrar on PSE and one by Anita Majka on using PSE to fix bad photos. Both of these classes taught me so much and after having PSE 5 for 5 months, I feel like I could use it. I just didn't get the layers stuff until I took the classes. Ladies, thanks!
Chat on SAF was da bomb! I can't believe these busy women took time out of their busy scrapbooking design time to chat with us common girls! Leah Fung, Susan White, Ang (sorry forgot her last name), Even the VP of Meredith, Jeff, chatted with us. They seemed genuine about our concerns and wants for the next SAF.
It is going to really be da bomb in Nov. If you missed this one, make sure to sign up in NOV. It was so fun!
okay, that's my life. Now I'm relaxing, waiting for Mike to knock the snot out of Ian or Bree's Hubby on DH and then after Brothers & Sisters, I'm heading to bed to start a new week. I promise to be here more, and tho I wasn't here, I did visit Your blogs!
Enjoy life, blooming flowers, baby's laughter and gentle rain. Make it a good day!
:J
PS How could I forget the lovely town of Enterprise AL? In my second stomping grounds, I love Enterprise, keep them in your prayers.







