Monday, March 12, 2007

What a Gorgeous Sunday!

Since the kids were home on Spring Break and it was such a gorgeous day, we decided to abandon the roast in the crockpot and head to Lulu's for a late lunch. Lulu's is a fabulous place owned by Jimmy Buffet's sister, Lulu. She started out in a hole in the wall place, but now has a fantastic restaurant on the intercoastal waterway. There people can drive their boats right up and dock for dinner.
Kevin & Erica were intrigued with the hook game she has to keep you entertained while waiting to be seated. After watching several people attempt, they decided to give it a try and Kevin hooked it on his 3rd try!
 
Our wait wasn't very long, we sat in the sun and enjoyed people watching. The kids decided to hold a best "stache" contest. I didn't get a pic, but the winner had a long handlebar mustache with curls that went almost to his chest. Here, Kevin, Patrick and Karen are judging.
 
Everytime I would get the camera out, Kevin told me to "quit acting like a tourist!" which egged me on more. Kevin was very uncooperative, but Erica said she wanted a pic even if he did look drunk! (he wasn't)
 
By then our food came, but sorry Kip & Jules, I didn't get any pics. We all had something different, and it was all very good. Kevin's cheeseburger in paradise crazy sista's way was huge! The girls had tuna wraps that were yummy and Patrick had blackened grouper. Rick had fish and shrimp, and I had fried shrimp.
Afterwards we checked out the gift shop. I was intrigued but a shirt with Peet's Philosophy on it. Peet was Jimmy & Lulu's mother. I leave you with her philosophy, I think it's a good one. If you are ever in the Orange Beach, AL area, stop by Lulu's, You won't be disappointed.

Peet's Philosophy
1. Read often, including the classics.
2. Accept everyone for who they are, not what they do.
3. Be well-traveled.
4. Learn to be a listener.
5. Live by the sea.
6. Listen to your spirit and find joy.
7. Education, like money, doesn't make you happy-but it sure helps.
8. Love and family are the best things we have.

have a wondermous day!

:J