Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Backing up to the Weekend

Yes we are going to backtrack a bit. I have to tell you about the delicious, absolutely devinely wonderful strudel we had for snack all weekend. I thought I had gone to heaven.
It began with a coworker buying a new car. And I had to clarify some student paper work. These are related because Pat bought her car so the dealer had a strudel delivered to her as a thank you. I missed the strudel delivery, but because I was in Pat's office I saw the card from "Oma's Strudel Haus" laying on Pat's desk. Not having had a good strudel since Frederick's Bakery in Sheyboygan, WI closed I had to ask, "Where is Oma's Strudel Haus??" So Pat told me about her car, her strudel delivery and that she didn't know where Oma's was, but call the number and see. So I did.
What followed was a charming conversation with a little german Oma, who told me there was no "Strudel Haus" I could go to, but she did take orders and would deliver. O M G! Prayers ARE answered! Strudel was ordered and the next day I received this!
 

Yes, the sugar is as thick as it looks. It's an two inches deep with fresh apple filling and the rest is the flakiest, most devine, melt in your mouth pastry I have ever tasted! O M G! I can hardly wait to order the cherry or cream cheese filled.
As if studel wasn't enough of a culinary delight, a friend of my sister's invited us to dinner at this cozy little place.
 

Mossy Grove Schoolhouse is located on Hwy 167 just west of Hwy 321, in Troy, Alabama. It's the cutest place to just relax with friends, celebrate with family, or just enjoy good, southern, country cookin'! We had a great night. The food, seafood, steaks and chicken, accompanied by southern side dishes were awesome, and very reasonably priced. I can't wait to go back. It's the kind of place I want to take friends and family for a relaxing evening transporting us back 70 years to old one room school house and simplier times.
Anyone interested in dinner?

:J
Posted by Picasa