Monday, April 16, 2007

Yes I Know It's Been a Week!

I thought about blogging a few times this past week, but then thought who wants to read it, who cares? Not that my life is boring. Okay so it is, really. So what has happened in the past week.

Results are in! I am just a dizzy ole broad! After an MRI, Balance Test(ENG) and a hearing test, this is what I know. I have a 40% hearing loss in the higher tones in my left ear. I guess that could be from listening to too much RUSH (Geddy Lee) in my younger days. Do I need a hearing aid? No. Will I later down the road? Probably. I also have a weak inner ear on my right side which makes me dizzy. For this I will have some exercizes to do about 20 minutes each day. So I will learn to live with this. It could be worse!

I met a most awesome scrapbook designer Saturday. Her name is Rhonda and she designs for our LSS, A Scrap in Time. Her work is colorful, artistic and beautifully put together! I took her Boys book class Saturday and cannot tell you how pleased I am with the results. I still have a few finishing touches to put on the book and then I promise to post.

Afterward I drove home in torrential rain. A trip that normally takes 45 minutes took and hour and a half. I prayed the whole 47 miles I drove that the rain would stop before I reached our huge bridge. God answered prayer, it stopped about a half mile before the bridge. Thanks God!

Busy week ahead. Today I spoke to another scrapbooking class that was beginning for a 3 week stint at the HS. They were a very enthusiastic group, very attentive and curious. I see this hobby continuing to grow! I love being a part of it!
Tonite was a parent meeting for the senior trip to Grad Night at Universal Studios in Orlando. Forms to fill out, questions to answer. We board the bus at 5 am on Friday, arrive at US about 5 pm, and get back on the bus to come home at 2 am. It is usually the funnest 24 hours of the school year! Our kids have always had such a great time and have been well behaved. I hope it continues!

Also on tap is finalizing plans for the cruise. Hopefully soon we will be able to sign up for classes. I still need to figure out what I need to get to wear for dinner. Any Ideas?? I would love to see that passport show up in the mail soon! They cashed my check last week, so I would think it would be here NOW!

Terrible tragedy at Virginia Tech. Keep them in your prayers. Hug your kids extra tight, and if you can't hug them, call them, tell them you love them. School campus's should be safe for everyone. Why can political candidates raise millions in one quarter for election campaigns, but we can't provide our kids with a safe place to learn?
What is wrong with that picture?

:J