Thursday, April 19, 2007

When I should be doing other things

I am going to blog.
I'm angry that our local newspaper gave half of the front page to the VT Tech lunatic's picture. Then put three other pictures of him elsewhere. That's it, encourage the next lunatic who wants to be notorius! Kids in our world do so many good things, okay, not just kids, PEOPLE do exemplary things everyday and they don't get half a front page! GRRRR!
I watched the parade of potential boss candidates arrive for their interviews today. Four of them. I think I could work for any of the four. I know I could work for 3 of them for sure. I know 3 of them would do an awesome job. I just don't know the fourth that well. We'll see what happens. I wish I could have been a mouse in the corner. So, do you think I should go to the new boss and say, hey! My psychic says you understand my need to travel and as long as you let me have a few days here and there I will work my ass off the rest of the time! LOL!
I should be packing. At 4:30 a.m., yes just 6 short hours away, I board a bus with 50 teenagers to make a 27 hour trip. We drive to Orlando, go to Universal Studios, get back on the bus and drive home. I am such a gluton for punishment, but it is such fun! I haven't missed a year yet! But I need to pack. My pillow, my blanket, my trail mix, beef jerky, magazines, toothpaste and brush, change of clothes, camera, G-rated movies, hairbrush.....socks.......ummmmmm, what else? It gets so cold on the bus coming back. One blanket, one pillow per person, NO sharing. This year they can't bring their own drinks as earlier in the year someone brought drinks with additional flavor. But I'm bringing my coffee. They can check that. And my bags. The drug dog will be there to see us off, just in case. But seriously, they are the best kids, we never had had a problem with them. but just in case, keep us in your prayers. Look out ORLANDO! WFHS 07 will be in the house!

:J