Okay, I know he's 22 years old. But lately, we've been having a great time together, and I'm loving it. We don't always get along this well, so I'm milking it for all I can.
Usually I don't get his "dark side". The movies, music and ideas that I think are demented. His humor is sometimes hurtful and mean to others. But the past couple of weeks it's been very, very nice having him around.
Friday night, since his dad was off at camp, he and I did a "date night". I told him to pick where we ate, and he could pick the movie. We debated what to eat, even drove around the mall looking at places. Just when it looked like it would be another night at Chili's, we settled on Famous Dave's BBQ.
Famous Dave's was the best choice! It was sooo yummy. We both ate way too much and brought home a doggie box. We decided to order different sides since we'd never been there before and we could try more stuff that way. I ordered the spicy (not) green beans and cole slaw, he had garlic mashed taters and baked beans. All of them were really good, but the green beans were not spicy as advertised. The ribs we both had were scrumptious! Plus we got a yummy corn muffin, corn on the cob and a small serving of fries to split between us. They came with the meal.
I will say he did draw the line at me taking pictures of the food, or of us. So if you are wondering why I didn't post a picture of the yumminess and us, that's why! One step at a time, maybe next time! LOL!
After dinner, we decided on a movie, Public Enemy. Great Flick with lots of the old timey shoot em up scenes. You know, the kind where you didn't see the guy really get shot, but he did, it wasn't gory, but you knew he was dead. Okay a few gory scenes when they got their guts blown out, but that was when they were lying on the ground dying. Anyway, I enjoyed it. I have always had a fascination with Dillinger anyway. That bad boy appeal I guess.
Afterwards, on the way home he remarked how he'd enjoyed it and we needed to do that more. So I will make a point to do that.
The last couple nights we've been cooking together, Chicken Spaghetti and Burrito pie. It's been a great time for me and has really lifted me out of the dumps I was in last week. Will it continue? I have no idea. But I'm enjoying it while I can!







