Kyle & Ande's wedding was fabulous! Such a cute couple and you can tell they have what I call "old love". That love that you see in happy couples that have been together forever. They are so comforting together, taking care of each other and knowing what the other needs.
I hadn't met Ande, even tho her & Kyle have dated over 3 years. She was always away at school when I was home. But she's a keeper! So much fun to be around, yet gets down to business when it needs getting down to. I'm glad she's in our family!
Her family is very nice too. Mom & Dad are both retired State Troopers. Her mom is funny and her dad is so nice! I'm sure he wasn't when he was a trooper tho. He has that voice and that presence. I love her brother, Jeremy, who is a handsome young man and a professional drummer.
It was also good to see the nieces and nephews, friends and family on all sides. I just love weddings for that. I got to meet several of my brother, Jason's friends who are girls. HOW FUN they are! All the guys I know already, but it was good to see them again too. I was the designated driver for my brother, so he had a great time. I did have a few beers. Tried a new beer, well new for me, Blue Moon. They serve it with an orange slice and it was pretty good.
The wedding wasn't the only fun we had. Susie and I took a day trip to Galena. Galena is an old mining town that was once busier and bigger than Chicago. Now it's full of lots of old buildings and shops.
We went to check out a cute little shop, Sue's Ink & Stamp, and a bead store that Susie heard was there. We were not disappointed. Lots of interesting stuff there, all stored in antique store fixtures and furniture. I so want to have something like that!
We had lunch at a lovely Italian Restaurant that sat on the hill, Vinny Vinnachi's
They had a gorgeous patio that overlooked the streets. I could have sat there all day! We just had soup and salad, with some of the most delicious garlic bread I've ever had. Soon it was time to go, the clouds were looming, rain threatening.
We'd promised Jason we'd be back home about 3 to go to the rehearsal dinner at 5:30. We pulled back into town right at three after a scenic drive home along the bluffs and river.
I didn't make it to the park, or some of the other places I wanted to visit. I did make to the world famous biker bar, Poopy's. But that's a tale for another day.....







