Monday, December 28, 2009

The last of the Christmas Adventure Photos!

ETA: I have three posts in a row that I've posted today. Of course they posted backwards so the first one is actually last. I don't know how to fix it, so just keep scrolling to see everything. I hope you enjoy the pictures! I'm being a lazy bum today, enjoying the peace and quiet after 5 days of company.
The day after Christmas, we decided to take Erica to the Naval Aviation Museum on the base. If you've never been, you need to go. If you have little boys, it's better than Disney! Lots of great history preserved there and it's free! We spent a few hours walking through looking at all the displays.
I don't care how old you are, once you get to the part where you can climb in the cockpit and pretend to be a Top Gun pilot, you have to do it! Kevin's all time favorite movie is Top Gun. When it first came out (on Beta) he would watch it every day. He has the movie memorized and says the lines right along with it. He has been doing that since he was 4. So here's Top Gun Kevin.
 

And just to prove girls look just as good in a Cockpit, here's Erica!
 

After the museum, we drove by the Pensacola Lighthouse. It was open! We had to go in. I'd never been to the top, and it's one of the things I've always wanted to do. So we did! 177 steps later and out of breath, we were rewarded with the most beautiful views. This picture looks up into the light. These are the reflective prisms of the light.
 

Just to prove I did it,(I don't like heights) I had Kevin take our picture. Don't I look relaxed? You can't see the death grip I have on Rick, or that my back is against the lighthouse as tight as I could get it. I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of falling. I would be okay up there with a few people, but there were little kids and I was sooo nervous! But it was fun, I'm glad I can say I did it. All 177 steps!
 
Posted by Picasa