The long drive down here is always worth it. It's a wonderfully different world down here. Well worth the trip.
My car (a rental) didn't have Cruise control. Well, it does, but either I can't figure out how to make it work, or it's not working at all. After an hour and a half on the road, I called THRIFTY and they said I could return the car to Pensacola or drive to Jax or Tampa to return it. NO rental places in between. I decided to tough it out and proceed on. Using the cruise is only good traveling across I 10. Once I get on I 75 there's too much traffic to use cruise. Needless to say, I will not be renting from THRIFTY again. I guess there's a reason it's THRIFTY. Plus the car is older (08) and reeks of cologne. UGH!
But all I endured is worth it once I get here!
I stopped at The Villages to shop with Teri a bit. She had never been to She Scrapbooks. What a nice store! We both bought cookbook kit. Then we found a wonderful little dog store, I picked up some real Wisconsin Cheddar treats for my buddies, Max and Mudge. I can't walk in the door without something for them can I? Of course, they loved me for that. Sorry Michele, they have a new favorite "Aunt".
Finally got to Kip's. After freshening up, we headed to Harvey's for dinner. I have a new favorite place! I love the atmosphere! When you walk in the door, they had their huge, REAL Christmas tree! Just beautiful! Here's Kip by the tree, see how big it is!
Another picture from our table. I can't get over how big it was for a real tree in South Florida. I wonder where they got it from?
All the food that went by me as I was ordering looked so yummm! I decided on a Club sandwich, and truly was not disappointed! I opted for the potato salad, and usually when you get potato salad it's like, well, unh? Not this! SO YUMMMMM!!!! and of course my favorite dessert, Dill pickle! LOL! So good! I'd eat there every time I come down! That's Harvey's in St. Pete!
Today we're off to IKEA. I can hardly wait. Kip's never been, she's going to love it. I hope I can stay within my budget! I hope to see a few of our friends tonite. We're going out for NEW YEARS!!!! Melanie's hubby is playing in a band and we're going to go listen. HOW fun! I can't even remember how long it's been since I was out on New Years Eve!
Happy New Year everyone!!!








