To say that it rained this weekend would be a huge understatement. I contemplated building an ark! This morning it poured! I mean can't see the street in front of the house poured! Puddle upon puddle raining going on here! But I didn't let that stop me.
We got the tree up. Not without panic mind you, but it's up. We got what I thought were all the ornaments onto the tree. Remember sticker sneeze? Yeah, we have ornament sneeze. Then I found ANOTHER huge tin full of ornaments. I thought we were missing some, but I couldn't remember what, until I found the tin. So we worked some more on the tree. Now it looks like ornament elephant sneeze.
But I was in a panic. I thought some of my, I hesitate to use the word vintage, but they are, ornaments were missing. Specifically the reddish pink, Silent Night ball that's been on every single Christmas tree our family has had since probably before I was born. I just couldn't find it. After two days of searching, fretting and worry, there it was. Right in front of me the whole time, if it would have been a snake it would have had several opportunities to bite. So it's on the tree where it belongs, and my heart is at rest.
So the tree is done. The Nativities are up (we have 3), the snowmen are in their places, the santas are in the hallway and the angels have taken roost in the dining room. In a few more days, I'll have the stuff put here and there and I can call it DONE. But at least the tree was done on the 12th, didn't want to break that family cardinal sin.
Patrick thought it was a sin that his dad put up the one Nativity. He considers that his Nativity and his job. Oh well, he should get out of bed before noon. We got to talking about that Nativity and Rick said he can always remember having that Nativity at home. So he called his parents to see how long it had been in the family and where they got it. They didn't even remember having one! So I took a picture and sent it, that jogged their memory about having it, but don't remember how long or where it came from. LOL!
Putting the tree up put me in the Christmas mood. We played Christmas music all day long, it was fun. So since I was in the mood, I did some shopping, mostly online. OH how I love that!!! Found what I need mostly with free shipping, shopped in my jammies with my coffee right here! Rick even kept it filled for me! I just love that!
I saw Kevin's girlfriend, Erica, on FB, and she gave me some great ideas for his Christmas. Went from FB to online shopping, ordered his gifts, and was done in 10 minutes. Still in my Jammies! Love it!
So with my shopping spree today both online and at the Navy Exchange, I am almost done. One kid left and a few odds and ends and I'm done! YEAH!!!! All I have to do is wrap once UPS comes.
All that, dinner and movie with the hubby, a Packers win, and it was a great weekend. So what if it rained! Not on my parade!







