Sunday, May 23, 2010

Good Intentions

My weekends don't always go as planned. Nor are they always glamorous, full of travel and fun. This is one of those weekends, a seat of my pants, what do I do next, kind of weekend.
I decided yesterday that I couldn't live one more minute in my cluttered, messy bedroom, so I started in cleaning. Then I moved on to the bathroom, then the next bathroom, then the kitchen and finally some more work in the scraproom. I was on a roll until I put a little slice in my finger washing my pineapple cutter. More later on that contraption.
I got all the bleeding stopped, put on a bandaid, and put up my feet. Heck with cleaning for the day! I had intended to do some beach time, but I just couldn't motivate to do that. Plus, I felt a tad guilty going to the beach, when Hubby is slaving away on the new deck. Not that he wants my help, but just in case, I'm here for him! LOL!
I love my pineapple slicer, btw, it's from Pampered Chef. Best invention since the slap chopper! We've eaten more pineapple in the past 9 months of having it than we did 20 years before! It works like the apple slicer, only big enough for a pineapple. I love fresh pineapple, just love it! So we slice the pineapple with the big slicer, than run the apple slicer down the two pineapple halves to make strips, a few cuts with a knife and we have nice chunks of edible sunshine! YUM!
So back to good intentions. I intended to go to the beach today. But I didn't sleep well last night, slept in til 9 this morning, did the commissary run, and then came home to quit! Well, I was going to go to the beach again. But the guilt thing settled in, and I got busy loading my iPod full of music, plus cooking collards for dinner takes awhile, and well, you have to have potato salad if you're having collards, but I drew the line at frying chicken. We're having rotisserie chicken instead.
So I've been putzing. Didn't go to the beach, didn't make any cards, and still haven't finished cleaning the scraproom. BUT the laundry is done, the house is clean enough, and we're having a good dinner. So much for a glamorous life, but it's all good and satisfying when I lay my head down for the night. It's a good life!