Sunday, May 30, 2010

Out on the Town

Since I worked most of the day yesterday, and hubby got his coaching bonus, we decided to go out for dinner last night. After living in a tourist town for many, many years, we've learned that going out on a holiday weekend means avoiding all the "good" places because they are slam full of tourists.
Patrick, anxious to get us out of the house for whatever reason, began suggesting all kinds of local dives, in hopes that we would go, and leave him in peace and quiet. He finally suggested a place that sounded somewhat appealing and off we went. We even invited him, but he didn't want to go.
Perhaps because I was craving fried chicken, mashed potatoes and a veggie, and I knew this place didn't serve that. I wasn't thrilled to begin with about where we were going. If there were a good place in town to get fried chicken and such, we'd have went there. But one thing this town lacks is a good fried chicken place.
It has been months since we've been to this place. Since then, it's changed owners. When we walked in the door, I was not impressed. Can I just say, I love a place that puts tablecloths on the table and this place used to, but doesn't now? But I sat down and since I knew I couldn't have fried chicken, I ordered a steak.
Now mind you, this is a dive. We knew it was a dive when we decided to go there. But the food was always good, so you looked at its diviness as ambiance. LOL!
This time my steak was awful. I took the first bite and almost spit it out awful. The waitress must have noticed because she was there right away. I sent it back and they remade it. Second steak was good, even tho it was undercooked.... The potato, so so. The salad was the best part. Afterward we ordered a piece of cake, because their cakes are delicious. Or should I say were delicious. This cake was ordinary.
All in all the entire meal was not worth the calories that I allow for "cheat Night".
Afterwards the movie and the cuddling were. And that's all I have to say about our night out on the town. We'll try again next week. When the tourists are gone....