Sunday, March 26, 2006

Meanderings that should have posted Sunday

I can't believe we are beginning the last week of March! WOW! It has flown by, seems just yesterday it was coming in like a lion with wierd weather! We seem to being going out with wierd weather also. Our nights have been cold and the days have been breezy! March Winds!
So on this last full weekend in March we stayed busy.

Friday night DH and I went for ribs at Winnie's Crazy Horse Cafe. It's one of those hole in the wall places that has food that is out of this world! The ribs are slow smoked and when they go into your mouth, they make love to your tongue! I always order mine without sauce. I get the yummy taste of the rubbed grilled pork. Winnie, the owner, walks around to every table to make sure that everything is done to your perfection. She also has seafoods, chicken, pastas. and lots of other southern home cookin'. Fried green tomatoes were on the appetizer list, we didn't get any this time, but they are yummy too. She always has about 6 different dishes on the Specials board. We always leave room for dessert too. Winnie's cakes, pies and puddings are to die for! My all time favorite is the Moon Pie Cake. This time I had the Strawberry Cake. Winnie took advantage of fresh local strawberries for this one, to die for!

Saturday was errands day. DH was kind enough to make a stop at a new LSS for me while on our routes. She has an adorable shop that matched it's name, "Unforgetable!" I spent way too much money, but picked up some BG papers and Technique Tuesday stamps. I also signed up for their recipe book class. The recipes looked delicious. She said we will be able to sample the dishes at class, and make the recipe page! How cool is that!
Saturday night, after a delicious grilled steak and veggie meal, DH and I went to the WFHS Play, Murder Takes the Stage. It was a well acted murder mystery. The kids did a wonderful job, and their personalities really came out. I can see a few of them taking this career further!

Today was grocery day. We went for "salad stuff" and spent $107. Lots of good bargains! I got stuff to make fajitas for dinner, so that was yummy! We did a bit of shopping at Lowe's also. I got started with my flower gardening, planting impatients in the window box and some snapdragons%2