We're still not sure what has happened with him, but he's picked up something, possibly a tick bite. We've never found the tick or any marks, but that is what symptoms he's showing. It's been a week since he's eaten anything solid. He's been eating Nutracal off of our fingers and drinking his water. He's been feverish, lathargic, and pretty unresponsive. We've had him to the vet several times and given him several antibiotics that he kept throwing up.(TMI, I know). Finally we seem to have found the right combination of antibiotics, steriods, thyroid, and something to calm his tummy. Today he ate his first solid food, boiled potato peelings (he loves them) and about a cup of dogfood out of Rick's hand. He also took two treats from Patrick so fast that Pat thought he was losing a finger! LOL! A great sign!
I think having a sick dog is worse than a sick kid. He hasn't whined, complained or whimpered. He just looks at us with those big brown eyes that say, Help me!
Keep him in your prayers.
Speaking of prayers, keep my friend, Julie and her family, in your prayers and good thoughts. She just found out her mom has bone cancer in her hip. Julie was supposed to come visit me Friday for the first time in 30 years, but this may have precedence.
So with all that going on, all the other stuff from this weekend seems trivial. Rick tried to play repairman in my shower, doesn't know his own strength and broke a pipe in half.
My Pampered Chef party was a blast. If you didn't get there, we missed you. If you need something, let me know! We learned how to tell the sex of several vegetables. Yeah, I bet you didn't know there were males and females.....I laughed so hard I thought I was going to need a depends..
Life goes on, and it's hot again. Hot and muggy!







