Hilltop crops are always well worth any distance you have to travel to get to one. Great friends, great food, much laughter and a few shenanigans are always to be had. I thoroughly enjoy myself at each an every one I've ever attended.
This weekend was no exception. Linda was there with her smiling face to greet us as we arrived. It took a good 20 minutes to hug everyone's neck before we could even think about where we were sitting, who we were near or what to unload first. I was excited to see all the girls! Thrilled to be sitting near Mar, as she's usually clear across the room from us. As always I love watching Kip create, and she didn't infringe on my table space, not once. I don't know why she has a reputation for doing that. LOL! The Ft. Meyers girls were there, and a treat to sit across from Sonia/Sophia, as I never get to sit by her either. I love those girls, Barb, GA and Sonia. Kelly worked her magic on our backs, gosh I'd love to bring her home with me! Her chair massages are phenomenal!
I brought a kit to get the creative juices flowing, and made 5 baby cards and 5 get well cards. One of the cards was a pop up card, which I loved doing! So I made two more of my own, a 4th of July card and
a wake up sleepyhead card. The sleepy head card was good for those mornings after we stayed up til 2 a.m.!
Friday, Teri took a break from studying and her and her daughter, Sara, joined us for a trip to Violettes with lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. First of all, I loved Sweet Tomatoes, but there's something wrong with a salad bar place that serves chocolate/chocolate chip muffins for dessert! YUMMY!
Sara was a doll! If I had a daughter, I'd hope she was like Sara! You can tell she loves life and is out to live it to the max. I just loved spending the day with her!
Violettes was the bomb as usual, with lots of neat things I just had to have. I wish I would have picked up the Flower Soft they had for sale. After we got to the Crop, Kathy & Teresa had some they were playing with and it was as fun as it looked. Well, another reason to go back.
A fantastic weekend, well worth the long drive that seems to get longer each time I make it. I wish I could go to the next one, but I don't see that happening with it being the week school starts. I'll get to see the girls soon at Jill's in North Carolina. Can't wait to go up there!!!! It's going to be a bash! Then a weekend home, then a weekend in IL for the nephew's wedding (while all the girls are at Tim Holtz's class :(). Then it's back to Tampa for Teresa Collin's class! I can't wait!!!
It's going to be one of the funnest summers in a long time.








