is quite the understatement. Right now it is thunderous on the roof. Roaring down, drowning out the TV. Yes, our uninvited guest, Ida, has come to visit.
The storm warnings this morning said she would arrive about 6 a.m. on Tuesday. Later in the day, that went to between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m.. Then our six o'clock news said Midnite tonite. But she's here!
She's been arriving all day with rain and breezes. More rain, more breezes. Now thunderous rain and it's dark so I can't really see the breezes. Welcome Ida.
I had looked forward to my Pampered Chef party tonite, and I DIDN'T invite Ida. She came anyway, so everyone refused to come while she was here.
I was looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning, with Ida's raindrops lulling back to a late morning sleep. No, she decided to come ashore tonite, so I'll lay awake worrying.
She did give me two extra days off this week. Thank you for that. But you could have indicated earlier in the week that you were arriving, so I could leave town for some place fun!
To my friends in the panhandle, stay safe. To my friends elsewhere, invite Ida to visit. Maybe she won't go where she's invited.







