So just when I think life is going to slow down a bit and I can relax, catch my breath and cuddle with my hubby, reality bites. This reality came by way of a little brown spider. A poisonous one, one that bites.
I first noticed on Friday, an extremely itchy feeling from my mid thighs to my belly button. No rash, no reason for itchy, so I went in search of Benedryl. Oh did I mention I was on my way to the football field when I noticed this? Yes, this was the evening of Senior night. The night I announced all of our seniors before their last football game.
The benedryl seemed to help, that or my nerves calmed down a bit after the announcing part was over. I didn't think much of it, except it seemed like every once in a while, when I moved, it felt like I had a rash or raw spot right on my jeans seam, inner thigh.
That evening when I got home, I checked and sure enough it looked a little red there. Oh well, I figured I was just getting tooo fat for my jeans, they rubbed me a bit wrong, etc, etc.
The next day was the cardmaking/pampered chef extravaganza. We were too busy all day having fun for me to really notice, but again every once in a while, if I moved just right and that seam rubbed my leg wrong, it hurt! Again, when I undressed for bed, it looked a bit red.
On to Sunday, the day of rest. I got up and was ready to get in the shower when I noticed a much redder spot. A spot with a bit of a pimplish head on it. Whoa, better keep an eye on that I thought. The hubby has been bit a couple of times by spiders when he works in the yard, so I knew this kinda, mighta looked like a bite.
All day long I felt lousy, headachy, bone achy, tired, nauseous, so I attributed it to to much party the day before and that I'm getting to old to do that 13 hours in a row. (Nah!) But by evening, the little pimplish red spot had turned a bit dark. So I showed it to the hubby and he concurred, it looked like a spider bite and I may want to go to the Doctor in the morning. Hmmmm, he dispenses that advice well, if only HE'D follow it!
So off I go yesterday to the doctor. Where he confirmed that yes, I'd had a visit from a little brown spider who's usually rather reclusive. For that I got a shot in the butt, which hurt worse than the bite, a round of antibiotics and 3 days off work.
So this morning I'm off to Walmart real quick for some movies and snacks. I'd had my fill of daytime tv last week and there's a few flicks out there I want to see. I'll lead the life of leisure for a few days and wonder if I will ever be able to work a full work week again.







