Sunday, November 15, 2009

Some Kinda Saturday!

We had a great time making cards and Pampered Chefing. It made for a long day, but a very, very fun day! Gathering with the girls is always such a great time. Throw in food and cardmaking, can life be any better?
About 15 of us gathered to make 5 different cards. You could make as many or as few as you wanted. I made 10 total, two of each design. I didn't take pictures yet, I have to ask Sharon, the designer if it's okay to post her cards here. I'm sure it is, but I want to ask.
Monday night I was supposed to have my Pampered Chef party, but an impending hurricane postponed that. Ann was gracious enough to let me hold the party at her house, right after the card making, since most of the people were attending both. Ann has the biggest heart and was really sweet to do that. We had a great turnout for that and thanks also to some cyber friends who ordered, I had a pretty good party. Ann had a PC party last week, and she figured out that if we combined shows, we'd actually get more free stuff to split between the two of us. So I think we are doing that! If you need something, here's the link to Lisa's Website.
I had seen this awfully cute veggie tray done in Taste of Home magazine a few years ago and have always wanted to try to make it. It was super easy really. The hardest part was gathering all the stuff for it. Here's my version.
 

The fencing and styrofoam board came from JoAnn's. The scarecrow I had from an arrangement I made a few years ago. I used raw brussel sprouts to simulate cabbage. The "corn" is canned, I found mine at Publix, be careful, it comes cut or whole, make sure you get the whole corn. If you want to see the original it's here . And it tells you how to do it!
Today, we're resting. I have a bit of a headache. If I feel better later we're heading to a friends to watch the Packer/Cowgirl game. Otherwise, I'll be cheering the Pack on from the recliner. Go Pack Go!
Posted by Picasa