Saturday, May 06, 2006

Good Deeds

On Fridays, in nice weather, DH and I enjoy our "Pizza at the Beach" nights. Sometimes all I need is 5 minutes barefoot in the sand to forget the stress of the week that has ended. We head out to Johnson's beach, pick up a pizza at Lillian's, and sit at the table enjoying pizza and the beach. Most Friday evenings, the beach is sparse of people and it is an enjoyable time.
Today, we were met by this pair of Blue Herons. Mr. Heron met us by the tables. Sadly, he had fishing line wrapped around his leg/wing and couldn't fly. DH thought about catching him and removing the line, but thought better of it. Thank goodness. We did walk over to the ranger station and let them know and they said they would take care of him.

His mate, Mrs. Heron watched diligently from the beachside. She wouldn't let him get more than 10 yards away from her. I wonder if they mate for life. She was concerned you could tell.
We will have to keep an eye on them over the summer and see how they progress.


While picking up our pizza, we also dropped off some Physics Honors Final exam notes to one of the cooks. He attends our school and while participating in Senior field day, dropped them. I found them while cleaning up afterward. Next week is finals for seniors, I figured he would need them, knowing we were going for pizza, I took them to him. He was ECSTATIC! He told us that he had gotten home, realized he didn't have the notes, knew where he had lost them, and panicked! He couldn't believe I brought them out to him! We wished him luck on the test, he hugged my neck, and promised to "hook us up" with pizza sometime. LOL!
It brought a smile to my heart. It's good to know these kids really do care about their studies!

Happy NSBD to all my fellow scrappers! Enjoy our day! Do a good deed for someone, or something!

:J Posted by Picasa