Sunday, May 21, 2006

What did you do today?

I planted! I love surrounding our patio and decks with flowers! Hurricane Ivan reeked havoc on our yard 18 months ago and we are finally getting it back to the pre hurricane days.
Yesterday I went to the nursery to see what new and exciting plants they have this year. I didn't come away empty handed either!
This is my Lady in Red Hydrangea. Isn't it beautiful! It is probably the most expensive single plant I have ever purchased. It was almost $24! But the Lady will make a beautiful addition to the backyard. She will join our Oak Leaf Hydrangea, Double pink Forever & Ever, and Blue Forever & Ever Hydrangeas. Our Oak Leaf is one of the few that survived Ivan.
The guys at the Nursery know me, and know I love different plants. Although I plant Torenia every year, the new guy asked me if I knew it was called the "wishbone flower". I didn't! Can you see the wish bone inside? How cool! I got some of these in purple and pink. They grow like wild all summer. I love them!

The new guy, I have to get his name next time. Also asked me if I had ever had "Bat Faces" in my garden. No I hadn't, but I do now! Aren't they adorable? Too Cute!

New guy also shared why I can't ever get Clementis to grow. They like sun, but the roots like shade. So I am trying again and have planted them correctly this time. I have been a busy girl, and hope to have more pics soon.
Nature is so beautiful!
:J Posted by Picasa