Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Bags are Packed, I'm Ready to GO!

Alot has come together in the last 24 hours. The bags are packed. The golf clubs cased. The nuts shipped, and the boys know what they are doing. Or so they are telling mom.
DH and I sat down again with DS3, the virgin flyer, on what to do and how to get to the plane on time. Thankfully, my sister will be here to get him up and to the airport. We've gone over the check in process, what to put in your bag and what NOT to carry. He knows that no matter how funny he thinks it may be, pretending to talk foreign languages while looking crazed is not a good idea in an airport. Nor should he say words that may lead authorities to handcuff him and haul him to jail, for his parents to hear his name on the nightly news. He has been told he will rot there if he does! I realized the conversation was sinking in when he asked if it would be okay to take a book.
We are all excited, can't wait to get to the woods with family. Can't wait to count our blessings one by one in person. Hug, kiss, laugh, eat, drink, snuggle, and just be relatives. What will be the big "cousin's secret" this year? Every year the younger generation gets together to catch up with each other and they tell "cousin secrets" Happy secrets, sad secrets, dreams and wishes, they are all shared one night real late around the campfire after the older adults have gone to bed. It used to be a kid thing, but now our youngest kid is 19 and another generation will be telling cousin secrets around a campfire in a few years.
We are so blessed with this family. So many good times and some sad. This will be our first reunion without Rick's brother, Steve. He died in February of complications from Parkinsons. Our reunion this year is dedicated to his memory, on his 55th birthday. Steve loved a good time, and I know he will be smiling down on us.
So blessed. Good family, good times, in a good place. I will be sure to thank MIL & FIL for all they have blessed me with. Especially a good husband, I will let them know again, they have done well.
I feel like a kid on Christmas eve, I can hardly wait.
I will miss you all, count your blessings, tell everyone how special they are to you. Live like there is no tomorrow, Love each other.
:J