All my friends know the adventures I have had with my youngest son these past few weeks. Like true friends, they flung poo at him for his deeds. Last night I got him good.
To begin, my friends, Doyle & Elaine, needed to go car shopping since Elaine was rear ended a few weeks ago minutes after leaving my office. So yesterday Doyle calls me and asks if I would mind picking up their son, Bryan, after football practice and keeping him here till they were done. No problem.
Well I was not prepared to feed the boy at the house, so I asked him if he'd like to go to Sonny's BBQ, where my youngest son works. Sure! So arrangements were made for DH to meet us there.
Bryan & I walked in together and DS was there, "how many at your table? he asked" It is not unusual for us to all go and meet 12 football friends at Sonny's. "Just 3" I replied.
After he seated us and found out the third was DH, he looked at Bryan and asked, "Why are YOU eating with MY parents?" Before Bryan could answer I teased, "I've traded you in"
"Bryan is a good kid, respects my scrapbooking supplies and answers all my questions about school and his life" "Gotta love a kid like that" So all night long we bantered back and forth as he took our order, and delivered our meal. I think he got the message. I also think he was a bit jealous. When he got home he asked, "So where's the angel child" "oh I said, he did his homework, watched some tv and went to bed" and I thought Pat's eyes were going to come out of his sockets. That's when DH spoiled my fun and said, "his parents picked him up"
Oh well, life goes on, fun while it lasted.
:J







