1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
We spent a week at the beachhouse, where my biggest decision of the day was which shell to pick up off the beach.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Every day is a new resolution, to be better today than I was yesterday.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lots of friends got new grandbabies
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I’m getting to the age where friends are losing their parents and spouses. But no one immediate.
5. What countries did you visit?
Nope – Nada – Not me, too much of America left to see yet
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
This year is the year to have my side of the family on a family vacation.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My hubby’s 50th birthday party, it was a total surprise to him, with his parents and siblings all together for a week at the beachhouse.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating my last child from High School successfully with his Bright Futures Scholarship.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting little things that are out of my control get to me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The old grey mare ain’t what she used to be. Mostly just aches and pains, and one step closer to being a bluthering idiot.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The week at the beachhouse. Even with the mess from Dennis and Katrina, it was still awesome.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I would have to say my youngest son’s senior class. They were the guniea pigs of the brand new Advanced Technology Magnet High School. I think growing through the pains of being the first class in the school, with the program and the first graduating seniors has prepared them more for life than anything else. They learned their programs, completed their Capstone projects, learned what it takes to be successful in a field of study and how to bend and bow when life throws you curves. Not to mention having your Senior year messed up by Hurricane Ivan. They restored my faith in the younger generation.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The way “Professional” athletes and others in the limelight do not take on the responsibility that comes with being in said limelight and conducting themselves in a respectable manner.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Traveling, The Beach house, Scrapbooking and Reading Material
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
DH’s 50th Birthday, his surprise party and one week at the beach with our family
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? A tiny bit thinner, not that it’s noticeable.
iii. richer or poorer? It’s all relative, richer in spirit.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Family Time, Scrapbooking
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying about things out of my control.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it at home with the boys and my sister & her hubby.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Yes, even more deeper than ever with DH
23. How many one-night stands? None, see #23
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, FOX Football Pregame Show, Boston Legal.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such a waste of positive, creative energy
26. What was the best book you read?
Too many good books to mention although The Christmas Blessing had to have been the last one.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I have finally realized how much of Jimmy Buffet’s Music I enjoy. While not yet a parrothead, I am a bigger fan.
28. What did you want and get?
Getting everyone together for the beach week. Every week should be that great!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I’m not a movie buff, and I don’t know what year the movie was made, but this year I watched “The Songcatcher” and really enjoyed that.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 45. My actual birthday I didn’t do anything, and tried to keep it a secret from everyone. But this would be the first year in 20 that DH sent flowers to work, so everyone found out. So a few days later, my best friends surprised me with lunch and wonderful pressies, including a red coffeepot I had been coveting and flowers from BF’s hubby, who looks like Richard Gere!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More vacation time. Sunday Family dinners EVERY Sunday.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
It’s comfy, It matches, It fits, and I don’t have to iron it.
34. What kept you sane?
My husband, great friends, and a few great Margaritas
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hurricane disasters created by our government, and as always, the issues clouding our educational system.
37. Who did you miss?
Family who live far away that I can’t see everyday and my parents.
38. Who was the best new person (people) you met?
HMMM, that’s a toughie, I met a lot of really great people in 2004, so I spent 2005 getting to know them better.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
When the chicks leave the nest you have to let them go and let them do well or make mistakes on their own.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
A Trip Around the Sun Jimmy Buffet and Martina McBride
Hear 'em singing Happy Birthday
Better think about the wish I made
This year gone by ain't been a piece of cake
Every day's a revolution
Pull it together and it comes undone
Just one more candle and a trip around the sun
Chorus:I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control
If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go
No, you never see it coming
Always wind up wondering where it went
Only time will tell if it was time well spent
It's another revelation
Celebrating what I should have done
With these souvenirs of my trip around the sun
I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control
If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go
Yes, I'll make a resolution
Then I'll never make another one
Just enjoy this ride on my trip around the sun
Just enjoy this ride ...Until it's done







