Monday, January 16, 2006

Where is the Westerngate?

I like to compare my Western Gate to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. It's my online state of mind, a place most anyone can get into with the right mindset.
A slower pace was the mindset of the family when we settled at the Westerngate. The slogan here, coined by our former mayor is,"This is the Westerngate of the Sunshine state, where thousands live the way millions wish they could". We have found that to be true here. Life here doesn't have the hustle and bustle of the rest of the state. Life is slower, the beaches less crowded, a place where everyone knows everyone else. It's a place where even the polititians where casual clothes and list their phone number in the book with everyone else.
Westerngate is actually my backyard gate. Of the four gates in my backyard, the one facing the west gives the best view of life. It's a slower place where we relax and enjoy the peacefulness of the sunset.The backyard gate was always were good friends come in, where you stand and gossip, or watch the evening sunset.
The best Western gate signifies the passage into the stage of adulthood that I think is best. The stage where the big 4-0 hits and you realize the kids are raised into responsible adulthood, and now it's just you and the hubby. My motto now is "I've spent the first forty years doing what I was supposed to do, NOW I will spend the next forty doing what I want to do!
And whether that means continuing to do what I've always done or being a bit eccentric having margaritas at lunch, I will continue to Wonder at the Westerngate.