I love the conversations that transpire when all three boys are in the house. We have had very interesting dinner conversations here, some of which are only fit for late night TV. But they were conversations and they took place at dinner, around the table with the whole family present. There have been many times I have not wanted to leave the table, the conversation was soo good.
A couple of the conversations this past weekend really touched me, surprised me and made me feel like I have done a better job with these boys then I sometimes give myself and my husband credit for.
Daniel, the oldest, the one who should be a politician or lawyer had this to say. "Mom, did you know you are on my myspace page?" My first thought was oh great, he really did tell the world about the time I made him move a pile of concrete from one side of the yard to the other, just because he told me one time too many he was bored. But alas, that was not the case. He surprised me. I am on my son's myspace page because I am his hero. He actually has two heros listed. One is "anyone who has been told that something isn't possible and proven it wrong. and My mother, who taught me the most important word in the english language, PERSERVERANCE" I was floored. I always told Daniel he can do anything. I have witnessed him in action. He is as comfortable talking with Admirals & Mayors, Politicians & Lawyers, as he is talking to a neighbor or homeless person. He can make you beleive the sky is green when it is blue, and he is the hardest working kid I know. When Dan puts his mind to something, he accomplishes it. I am honored to be his hero.
Kevin, my middle one, thanked me for sharing the nacho dip recipe. He has become famous for his nacho dip. You know the one, a pound of Velveeta, a pound of Hamburger and a can of rotel. All his friends think that dip is da bomb! Kevin has a group of friends who gather every Sunday for football, and the dip is a must. Especially if it is served in the football shaped crockpot that I gave him because I never use it.
It is the little things like those that assures me the world is going to be alright. It makes all the sneers I got during their teenage years worth it. It assures me that all the times that I didn't let them do what "everyone else" was doing, was the right choice. Yes, as my mother said, "This too shall pass" That teenage boys really do grow their brains back. They do become human again after all.
In case you wondered,
:J







