Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Older (snow)Men are Good Too!

Just a few more from my collection. The fella below is probably my oldest. He was on alot of my sisters trees, and she is much older than I! I would say he is at least 50 if not pushing 60! I know he is pushing WWII era. I just love him! You know he is back from when a man tipped his hat to whomever he met. The tree is genuine old also, I got it at the same time I got my first snow man, who is the next picture.
I remember getting this little guy when I was very young, probably 5 or younger. My dad had taken me to a greenhouse to get a poinsettia. The clerk gave him and the tree above to me. I was so afraid of breaking him, and wouldn't hold the tree, because it was prickly. LOL! He has survived many years, travels all over and is still in pretty good shape for an old man.
Good thing they aren't real snow. Today our high is supposed to hit 75! It's mid December! Like I said a few days ago, there are days I shop in shorts, this may be one of them!
Wherever you are, whatever the temps, I hope your day is a warm, cozy one!

:J Posted by Picasa