Santa himself doesn't seem stressed by the fact that Christmas is just one week away. Of course he has thousands of little elves running around. They make sure that the presents are just what everyone asked for, the gifts are wrapped perfectly, and all the decorations are just right. Even Mrs. Claus only has the baking to worry about, and I'm sure she has elves helping with that!
Despite the fact that I tell myself every year that I am not going to stress about Christmas, I do. I downsize every year, a little more off the list, one less present to buy, one less task to do. Still, I stress. Getting gifts, making menus, worrying that they will all be home for just that right Christmas moment, making sure there are pictures.
One week left and I feel the CRUNCH. I do know it will all get done. If it doesn't, it doesn't. I will make sure they all know tho, it isn't the presents, the food, or the pictures. It's the reason. One little baby came into this world whose soul purpose was to serve God and die for our sins. What gift is better than that?
So when I really get stressed, I stop. I remember. There is no greater gift than that.
:J







