Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

No, the week didn't breeze on by you. It's not really Thursday, the traditional Thanksgiving. Today, Sunday, my family is celebrating Thanksgiving.
Kevin & Erica arrived last night. Daniel, Felicia, Susie & Truman arrive today. Later today, right before dinner, Rick's Coachie Friend, Mike, will arrive just in time to eat.

Tonite our house will be full of air mattresses and satisfied tummies.
I started cooking last night. The desserts are all baked, a few salads made, onions & celery chopped for the stuffing, and in a bit, Mr. Turkey is going in the oven.

Tuesday, Rick and I travel to Wisconsin to visit his parents. When our boys found out there would not be a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner, they threw a fit. "What about leftovers!?!" "What! You aren't making stuffing!?!", so my idea of a nice quiet Thanksgiving went out the window with the north wind.

But that's what I'm really Thankful for. With the world in the turmoil it's in, and people not speaking to people they should, my family still wants to be together. Even if it is just for the stuffing.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!