Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting, Travel and Life goes on.........

Yep! I voted! I was at the poll at 6:30 a.m. so I could get ahead of the line. I voted 41st in my precinct. I waited a half hour for the poll to open but I voted and was out in 10 minutes. I hope you voted. If you didn't, don't say anything about America and what happens next.
We also voted for Superintendent, Some school board and Sherriff. I think I got those all right also. So there were 40 people ahead of me and about 100 in line behind me. Usually there's nobody. I always vote before I go to work. Never a crowd til today. If only every election were this way.
I had quite a wild adventure this past weekend. As you know, after my meetings I was going to get up with my friends, and stay with Kip. Kip was going to come pick me up when she got off work, but I got bored and jumped on the beach trolley to ride almost all the way to her house. Close to 30 miles I think.
My rationalle was this. All day bus pass $4. Two hours to kill. How better to see the local flavor. I'm so glad I did it! The busses weren't big, trolley size, so I felt safe. It was interesting to see the people riding. I talked to two retired girls on vacation from Minnesota and Michigan. I met some firefighters from Maryland there on for a convention. I watched a guy hit on the two retired girls. He wasn't playing with all his marbles. I also saw people coming and going, to and from work. The ones coming from work looked tired, and they were quiet. The ones going to work were louder and animated. All and all it was a good experience, I really enjoyed it!
Kip did pick me up about 5 minutes from her house. She was amazed I just hopped on the bus and came over. For $4!!!!
I finally got to meet Barb, Kip's college roomie. She is such a sweetheart. A truly beautiful soul with a great husband, son and DIL. They made me feel so welcome in their home and fed me so well. We had Black bean soup, cuban sandwiches and Sangria. That was some kick butt Sangria and there was a point were Kip and I pondered who would drive home. But a walk around Barb's neighborhood looking at the thousands of TorTers did us both well. What fun! St. Pete people are so nice!!!
Tomorrow my box full of goodies should arrive, everything I bought while shopping. We went to the Morning Market. I wish I could have brought the whole market home with me. What a fantastic place. So many cool things for sale, great smells, fresh food, and fantastic crafts. I would love to shop there every saturday morning!
After the market it was off to Ruban Rouge's yard sale. Such bargains! I'll have to get a picture tomorrow when it all comes. All of it fit in my new basket from Ghana that I bought at the market.
The best thing at the yard sale was all the friends I got to see. Jules, Linda, MarMar, and Val. I got to finally meet Debi from the Hilltop board, with her hubby Zutterman!!! Teri called me, but couldn't come play since she is hitting the books hard. I understand, and I'm going to see that girl walk across the stage with her diploma! I'm so inspired by her!
I loved catching up on all the gossip and goings on that I miss not being able to go to crops. I missed seeing a few other friends too. Someday I'll see them all again together, hopefully at WR.
My flights home were uneventful really. It was great to be home in two one hour segments instead of the 8 it took to drive down there. I played with my iPod and in no time I was home.
Yesterday brought back to work, with 4 inches of paperwork waiting for me. Life goes on. I spent most of the past two days catching up on that. I've also planned a celebration for passing our audit and half planned our Winter Wellness (pc for Christmas party) activity.
Tonite I went to the LSS to meet up with some friends for shopping and chat. Like I needed to shop! But it was fun seeing the girls again and to make sure the LSS was still standing.
Tomorrow is another day, I hope it's just as fun!
:J