Monday, November 10, 2008

Look at the Size of Those Nuts and a few other things

One of the things I've learned to like since moving south is boiled peanuts. Maybe it's the salty water you suck out of the shell before you crack it open to eat the velvety soft peanut inside. Maybe it's just that peanut, soft and yummy. But whenever I pass a Boiled Peanut stand on the side of the road, it's always the wrong time of day. I've either just eaten, or it will spoil my dinner. I never see them on the way to a ball game, although some concessions sell boiled peanuts.
But the other day I passed a stand and the time was right, I was hungry and wasn't eating dinner in a few hours. So I stopped. Holey Moley! Look at the size of these goobers!
 

They were yummy too! Afterwards, I wished I'd bought the jumbo bag, so I could eat more of them later.
Speaking of jumbo, look at the size of these spiders in St. Pete! It was Halloween and this house was covered in huge spiders. It looked so real, for jumbo size spiders. I'm glad they weren't invading Kip's house.
 

Mr. Max had invaded tho, and he was my buddy the entire weekend. We got along great especially after we came to the agreement that he wouldn't lick my face. He is such a cutie dog. He brought his toy to bed with him and he would hop in the bed when Mudgy wasn't there. This is a rare picture of Max resting. He goes and goes!
 

But that was last week and I came home to crazy busyness. Football season enters it's final week for us, as we didn't make the play offs. Which is fine with me because playoffs would have meant we cancel our trip to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. I cooked my famous White Chili for the coaches this past weekend, so they are happy to have had that.
Today I took a day off and stayed home to make a 4 day weekend. It's been a great catchup from being gone so much and so busy. My house is looking liveable again. I cleaned my bedroom today. It was looking like a teenager's bedroom it was so cluttered!
Tomorrow is Veteran's Day and while I salute everyone who sacrifices so that I may enjoy my freedoms, I'll enjoy the freedom of scrappin' all day long!
I hope you have a good day, what ever freedom you decide to exercise. But make sure to thank a vet!
:J
Posted by Picasa