I know, it's been a week and I haven't blogged a bit. I need to catch you up on my exciting life, such as it is. I'll try not to be long and boring, but you know that sometimes I just rattle on. So get a cup of something and have a seat.
Christmas this year was one of the best in recent past. Not so much in bounty, but the togetherness and fun we had. We wrapped money up for the boys, no Santa this year. They got boxes of tissue, contact lens solution, clothes, empty boxes all with sums of money in them. They really enjoyed unwrapping and counting to see how much was there. I used different denominations of bills in and around each present, so they had to stop and figure the running total. In the end, everyone got the same amount. While it was exciting, I don't know that I will do that every year. I didn't miss the shopping tho.
As usual, the dog got us the best present. He bought the family a Wii, Wii Fit and Wii Play. It was the highlight of our day. Everyone played, including my much older sister and her husband. I am the Wii Bowling champ in our family. Rick and I do the Wii Fit every night and it's an amazing program. Rick even does the yoga and is better at some of the poses than I am. I just can't get that Tree Pose down to save my life. The Wii has gotten us off the couch and active in the evenings. We'll see if it still wins out when the new TV season starts.
Speaking of Champs, me again, I am the Fantasy Football U Pick Em Champ for our league. I am the ONLY girl and probably know the least about football of the 4 of us. I have to say I was sweating the last day of games as the guy in 2nd place needed to win 4 games to catch me and we had picked four games opposite. But like usual, my teams won and I am the Champ! It was a great victory for me, as I had been a last place finisher most of the other years we've done this.
Day after Christmas was a bummer day for us. Our friend, Rod, lost his battle with liver/lung cancer Christmas night. We had just found out his diagnosis the Sunday before Christmas so we were all shocked it was so sudden. Rod was a man with a heart of gold. You know the one, he would do anything for anybody, he's always there to help in anyway he could. It didn't matter who you were or what you needed, he would be there. He helped Rick so much when he was Quarterback Club President at Escambia. Rod and his wife, Brenda, would have cook outs after every game and all the boys and parents were invited. We had so many good times with them, traveling to State, and college games. I only wish his big heart would have held out a bit longer. We will miss him.
That's pretty much it for the past week. I've been busy cleaning and cooking, which I do enjoy doing when I'm not rushing home from work. I've taken a day to explore the new Scrapbook store here in town, which shows great promise. This week my much older sister will be back for a visit. We are going to do a day of scrapshopping and then a crop this Saturday for Gulf Coast Wings of Hope.
I will post more I promise!







