Our ever generous dog, Dakota, gave the family a Wii this year for Christmas. Have I mentioned that? He also found Wii Fit(okay Dad helped) and Wii Play. The console comes with Wii Sports, so we've been pretty entertained by Wii.
The first thing we had to do is make a Mii, which is the Wii version of ourselves. According to our son, Kevin and his girl, Erica, you can't make your own Mii. You can have input, but you can't make it. So Kevin made all of our Miis.
Hubby's fits the personality he likes us all to think he has, a grumpy old man. Mine, well it's a likeness of me, kinda. Patrick's looks just like him, as does my much older sister's. Her's could be her driver's license picture, it looks so much like her.
So we have our Miis and we use our Miis to exercise and play. I love Wii Fit. I never would have thought a "game" could work me out. But it does. After exactly one week, I can tell such a difference in my exercising. My scores have improved in everything and my Wii Fit age today was 44!
Your Wii Fit age is determined by your BMI (Body Mass Index or body fat), your weight, your true age and a few exercises the Wii had you do everyday during your body test. At one point my Wii Fit age was 53!
So I do Yoga, Strength Training, Aerobics and Balance Exercises. We play Bowling almost every night (I'm the family Champ!). I've done down hill skiing, ski jumping, shalom skiing, swimming, hula hooping (my first Wii injury), along with alot of other fun games. I think this was an even better investment than our pool!
So far I've lost a few pounds, which being Christmas and a few other things that cause girls to gain weight it's really a good thing! I'll take the few pounds! You can set goals and mine was to lose 5 lbs in two weeks. The Wii recommends losing 3. The Wii tracks this goal for you, letting you know the progress (good and bad) every day. It lets you know how long you've worked out total and how long you spend on each exercise. It also gives you extra things to do and games to play as you progress, so you aren't overwhelmed by it all.
I'm hoping to keep this up every evening after I go back to work, we'll see. It takes the two of us about 3 hours to do everything. Rick is even doing the yoga!
Such fun! You should try it!
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!







