Friday, December 05, 2008

Strange Man at the Mall and other happenings

 

Okay, this isn't the strange man, these are my sons. I don't know why it didn't work the previous post. But I'm trying again! From left to right; Patrick, (the youngest) Daniel, (the oldest) and Kevin, (the middle). The youngest is available, the two older ones taken by girls who are scrapbookers, so I'm NOT even thinking about finding them new girlfriends!

So now on to my encounter by a strange man at the mall.
Since I'd put in a few weeks ago to take a half day off today, thinking I was going scrappin' with my much older sister, I went ahead and took the half day. Even tho, our scrappin' crop was canceled. I thought I'd do some shopping, some Christmas related, and some shopping for me.
For me, I was in pursuit of a plain white turtle neck, mock or real. Do you know how hard they are to find? Apparently turtle necks, especially white ones, are not "in" this year. I can't find a one! My search took me to the the mall. I don't know what I was thinking, out of my head probably. The mall? on a Friday afternoon? But I did, thinking maybe Lane Bryant, who always carries alot of staple shirts in a variety of colors, would have a white turtle neck. The answer was no there too and rather than fight a crowd, I left the mall.
As I left the mall, walking across the parking lot where alot of cars were coming into the mall, a shiny, black car pulls in front of me. The car had tinted windows, the guy inside had on a dark leather jacket and sunglasses. He didn't look criminal or anything, but a bit on the arrogant, flashy side. He looked at me and was rolling down his window, as I thought quickly "okay, is he going to rob me, rape me or does he just want directions?" and "what am I going to do?" I started to just ignore him and walk past, when he suddenly gave me a "WTH!" look.
OMG! It was then I realized it was my oldest son! Did I ever feel like two cents. I never expected him to be at the mall in the middle of the day. I'm sure he didn't expect to see me either. He lives about 40 miles from here, but was in town to see about his car and meet a friend for lunch. I apologized profusely for ignoring him, that it just didn't look like him nor was I expecting him. Too funny! He drove me over to my car so I wouldn't be robbed or raped and we laughed. I guess while trying to be "aware of your surroundings", my imagination was on overload.

I made it safely home, with no turtleneck tho. Just some fond memories of my strange encounter at the mall.
Posted by Picasa