Last I realized it was Wednesday, and I had a bunch a days of vacation ahead of me. Now it's Sunday and tomorrow is back to work day. So what have I done the past few days?
Well, Thursday I made chili, Southwestern Chili for our Crop on Saturday. I waited for my sister to get here. We did the mandatory trip to Hobby Lobby. All I bought was a bee. I needed a bee embellishment for a card I'm making for my cousin. She loves bees. We tried to go by the new scrapstore, but she was closed.
So Friday was fun day. Susie and I met up with Sharon & Ann to go scrapshopping. We covered 5 stores and over a hundred miles in 7 hours. LOL! We started at the new scrapstore, where we all bought stuff. I bought some prima flowers. Like I needed more of them! Then we went to Unforgettable in Pace, I bought some BG Eva paper, I think I'll make some Valentines with it. Then it was off to Crestview to A Scrap in Time. We spent the longest time in there, she has soooo much stuff. I won the prize for spending the most, but she was having a sale so we got some good bargains. Then it was off to Ft. Walton Beach to visit Croppin' Corner. They were celebrating their one year anniversary already and she's come along way with the store. She's cleaned out alot of the clutter and gotten in some really new cool things.
We'd worked up an appetite by then so a trip to Moe's was in order. I was the only one who had eaten at Moe's before so everyone was surprised at how much food you get. Very yummy! It's Mexican food and you get chips and salsa plus I had a huge burrito that would feed a small starving family. I didn't need supper later that night!
A.C. Moore was our next and final stop. Can't even remember now what I bought! Isn't that terrible? It didn't matter, we had sooo much fun all day and some of us earned new nicknames, right Sneezy and Stinky? Ann had to get back to set up for Crop for Hope so we got her home in plenty of time.
Crop for Hope was Saturday at the fairgrounds. Lots of fun, prizes and scrappin' got done! Ann made some kind of whiskey slush stuff that was really good, citrusy flavored. I was invited to two private crops coming up. One I won't miss for sure as we are renting a beach house and the other I'm not too sure if I'll be able to fit in. It poured rain while we were scrappin and laughin' so it was a great day to be in with the girls, having fun. I saw lots of friends I hadn't seen in awhile and we had 10 crockpots full of soup. I tried the Chicken Gumbo (yummy), Baked Potato Soup (Soooo yummy!) and Paula Deen's Tastes Like Lasagne Soup. That was the best one I'd tried! I think I'll make it here at the house.
I worked on a "Jingle" book that my friend gave me for secret santa last year. It was fun and I still have two pages to do to finish. Everyone was laughing at me because I brought my rolly desk chair and was rolling all over to talk to people.
Well, rambled enough again. I hope you had a good weekend too. I'm off to relax one more day!







