Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday Tellings

I think I've finally broke my fever. I'm feeling much better today and can actually function without a blanket wrapped around me or feeling chilled. But I've stayed home from work just be sure and to build up some energy. My chest still feels congested, but I think that will have to work itself out. Everyone I've talked to felt rotten for 5 days. This is day 5.

On a positive note. Mii on Wii Fit is going well. I've lost 8 pounds, but more importantly, I'm still up off the sofa and doing something. Except for the past few days, I exersise every night. Last night I did a bit of step aerobics and balance, but Sunday I didn't do anything but the basic body test. I am jogging in place for 5 minutes now, I'm doing a half hour of step aerobics, a half hour of yoga, and a half hour of strength and balance training. As you can imagine with me and hubby doing this much, it takes up alot of tv time. Yeah!

I love the instant feedback the Wii Fit gives. I know my weight and BMI soon after signing in. I know if my times on my aerobics and balance tests have improved over the day before. I know if my yoga stances are better or worse. It's amazing that the Wii can tell this by Mii using the balance board.

I have to tell you about Sunday. I felt like doodoo. Really doodoo. I could barely get off the sofa, I felt so weak. But I got up and did the basic body test, weighing in, and doing two balance tests that are typically easy. I usually have a Wii Fit age around 43 which is younger than I am. But Sunday night in my weakened state I was 71! I felt 71! It was amazing to me because my balance tests were off, but not by much. My weight was down as was my BMI. But I was 71!

So besides the weight loss, I can feel some firmness in my muscles. I can see the difference in how my clothes fit already. I can feel that the exercises have gotten easier for me to do, meaning my muscles and balance are getting better. My downfall continues to be anything I have to do one legged. But, I've improved there already too. Just not as well as I would like.

I'll keep you posted on my progress, but won't obsess about it. I can see that being under 200 pounds is now a reality for me. I plan to take this down as far as I can, and hope they come up with Wii Fit II!