Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

What Were They Thinking?

Seriously? Have you ever stopped to wonder about the actual creation of our country? I think if John Adams, George Washington, Ben Franklin and their cronies were around today trying to start this country, we would think they were a bunch of crazies!

They didn’t really do it for their own personal gain. They created a country for all, one nation under God. Freedom, for anyone and everyone. Sure it was slow going. It took awhile to get women’s rights and black's rights. Even the Irish, the Polish, the Japanese and the Hispanics have gone through their rough times here in America. But everyone is a lot better off in the United States of America than anywhere else in the world. It’s mind breaking when you think about it. Did Ben & John and George think it would come to this? We are Free, free to be, anything. AWESOME!


Freedom, to be me, to be you, to agree or disagree. Men & Women of all races have died, side by side to protect what our nation was founded on, Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness. Thanks to them too! Raise one to them this weekend & remember those in less free countries standing watch over us as we celebrate our freedom.

This weekend after I exercise my freedom of speech on this blog, I’m exercising my freedom to travel where I want, (my sisters) eat what I want (shrimp, corn on the cob, melons of every color, triple berrry, apple rubarb pie and more food than could feed a small village somewhere), and shop as long as my money lasts. I will probably read a book of my choosing, listen to my kinda music and dance to my hearts content.

So thanks guys! 230 years ago you founded this wonderful country I was born into. Thanks for doing something for someone other than your self. I’ll raise one to you this weekend. Thanks. Now if only you could come back and teach the current Fathers of our Country a thing or two.

Happy Independence Day from the Western Gate!