It's been one of those weekends, lazy & boring. Even tho I have a list of things I SHOULD do, I'm thinking it can wait. Usually when I have this lazy, boring feeling, shortly after that my life gears up exploding with something and makes me glad I took a lazy, boring weekend to charge up.
Yesterday was a lazy day. Even tho I cleaned and did laundry, I also watched my all time favorite movie, Field of Dreams. I don't know why it's my all time favorite. I certainly like football better than baseball. But FoD just appeals to me.
Maybe because it's Iowa, and when I watch it I can smell the corn growing in the fields and feel the twilight evening of a good baseball game.
Maybe it's because we took the trek to the middle of nowhere in Iowa where there really is a Field of Dreams in the middle of a cornfield. We played ball on the field with a bunch of other people of all ages and walks of life. Every one took turn in the field and a turn at bat. No one argued balls & strikes, no one debated whether you were safe or out. We just played. It was awesome.
Maybe it's because it takes me back to my childhood & memories of my dad and his love of baseball. He had offers to play farm league ball, and didn't because of family commitments. He listened to the Cubs game no matter where he was, or what he was doing. He took us to the local ballpark. My brother played, and on the nights he didn't play, my dad just wanted to go watch. Some nights we just played ball in the backyard, my dad pitching to everyone in the neighborhood.
Maybe because Field of Dreams is about making your dreams happen. Crazy as they sound, maybe we should make more of our dreams happen. Believe. Go out on a limb. Risk.
But for today I'm lazy. I may watch a movie or two, scrap some, and then tonite I will fix steak with baked potatos and blueberry cobbler for dessert. But for right now, I am a practicing slug.
Off to nap,







